Las Venturas Playground
Welcome to the Las Venturas Playground website! Grown from a 100-man community to the network of services with over 112 thousand registered members we are right now, it's safe to say that Las Venturas Playground is one of the largest San Andreas: Multiplayer communities around on the internet. Registration is free and easy and gives you direct access to all our features.
Las Venturas Playground News & Updates
As you might have noticed, last Saturday our lead developer cake has launched the new installment of the LVP gamemode. A nice upgrade/feature has been added to the gamemode and we're happy to announce that all the DM minigames are now fixed from their previous bugs!
This isn't the only thing we've been working on the last couple of weeks though. We have re-organized most of our crew and assignments leading to a more efficient way of handling bugs, producing a better atmosphere on the server, helping players etc. I'll elaborate below on the most important and noticeable changes you'll see.
Changes to the server, forums, properties and crew:
As stated at the start of the thread, deathmatch (or DM) minigames have been fixed.[/li]
There used to be a bug present which hindered players from starting a new minigame. When players tried to do so, the server would blatantly reply that "there is already a *x minigame* in progress". This has since been fixed.
- For all you stunters, drifters and gearjammers among us; infinite NOS has been added to the gamemode!
This addition shall please most of the racers/cruisers among us greatly, as you no longer have to /nos *x* every few times/minutes while cruising, drifting or stunting. Simply issue the command "/nos inf(inite)" and you shall receive an infinite amount of NOS at the reasonable price of 250k. How does it work? Well, every time you click your left mousebutton (or whatever key you've bound NOS activation to) NOS will be re-engaged, without the pesky cooldown. Neat huh?
- [li]The forums have had a total overhaul.
We've totally reworked the forum structure, removing lots of boards and merging others. You've probably already noticed this change some time ago. We removed all the unnecessary clutter and improved the comprehensibility of the layout.
- The management has been/will become more transparant.[/li]
We're planning (management and admins alike) to become more transparant as to what's happening behind the scenes so players get a better understanding of what we're actually doing and to show them we care about their opinion(s). The community is what drives LVP and we'd love to show you that we care about you. Hence the decision to become more open and/or accepting regarding suggestions for changes, improvements and whatnot - this topic will be elaborated further down the page.
- Properties and their prices/earnings.
As you may have noticed, some admins (including myself) have been working on revamping the property system and LVP's economy in general. We found that money had sort of "lost its value" and decided this needed a solution. Since it was easy to gain over 500 million in cash within a few hours, we found LVP had a dreadful inflation problem which we handled as follows: we've adjusted the prices and earning rates of the properties dramatically in order to give money it's value back. We're also looking into creating more props around the entire map, with incremental earnings/pricing the further away they are from LV.
We will monitor how the economy progresses from here on out and make changes if we see that it is needed to 'tame' the economy and/or inflation, might such a thing occur again.
We hope this'll stimulate players to explore more parts of the map and hopefully create some challenge/rivalry among prop ownership as well.
- [li]Crew changes.
There have also been lots of changes in terms of crew structure. A few of the older crewmembers who weren't actively playing or contributing anymore have stepped down from their functions.
For instance, Kase, the old crew manager has stepped down from his position and Matthias has taken his position to give the crew active management and support where needed.
MacSto, the external activities manager, has also stepped down from his position. He used to manage Las Venturas Playground's non-GTA San Andreas related activities.
These former management/administrators will retain their rights, however.
Also, our much beloved Granny will be undertaking all duties regarding marketing, promotion and social media from now on.
- Facebook and Twitter pages have been updated.[/li]
As noted before under "crew changes", Granny is now leading the effort of keeping LVP's social media pages up to date and spread the word about LVP's existence.
You can find the links to our social media pages on Facebook and Twitter below:
- Awareness for player opinions and feedback.
Last but most certainly not least, we'd like to emphasize the importance of YOUR opinion and experience of the server. We'd love to hear what changes you'd like to see, what most bothers you about the server, what you think would improve such issues etc. Please don't be shy to post about it in the Development or Complaints sections. We cannot stress this enough: we want to improve your playing experience on the server, as we'd love to see LVP be full of happy players who enjoy their stay. Furthermore, you're welcome to follow the progress of LVP's Development on Trac and the Development Portal.
And such are the changes and plans we've had in store for you. We're also working on advertisement and are planning to make a promotional video regarding LVP's features and whatnot. LVP will even get it's very own theme-song (which I'll be handling) in the not so distant future!
I hope you've been well informed by means of this post. Please post any suggestions or ideas for change - as mentioned before - in the Development section.
Hope to see you all ingame soon!
On behalf of the LVP management, crew and development team,
We're pleased to announce the release of Las Venturas Playground 22.4. This release focuses on improving the overall stability of the game mode, giving players more flexibility, as well as fixing some bugs. Below are a list of changes, with props to Granny for the very detailed changelog:
- The use of ramps (/ramping) is now disabled as standard in RC Vehicles and various other vehicles, such as trains. VIPs can still use ramps with RC vehicles, but they'll need to be enabled first. (cake)
- The pause manager, or, "AFK" system, has been removed. We felt the potential for it to cause confusion amongst players when returning to the game. To be AFK, you can either hit ESC or minimize the game window which will trigger an eggtimer, or "hourglass" as referred to on the SAMP documentation, to show up right next to your player. In future we may add AFK text or something similar to further clarify. (cake)
- Spawnmoney has been increased from $250 to $5,000. For those already registered, nothing has changed, this is only for unregistered players. Spawnmoney can be configured using the /my spawnmoney command. The reason for the increase is that we felt new players were too restricted as standard. For example, the Las Venturas Airport is, at minimum, $500 to gain access to via the normal automatic gate. This essentially made the area off-limits to new players. (cake)
- The taxi system (/taxi) timer will now reset upon death. In the past, if you taxi'd, and then taxi'd again within a short period of time, you would be required to wait around 2 minutes. Now, when you die, the timer automatically resets. When you die and respawn, your health resets, as does your armour, spawnmoney, weapon ammo, etc. Consistency upon new spawns was what we were aiming for here. (Reported by [SWK]Steven, adjusted by cake)
- The /givecash has always been 10 million dollars, however, when sending more than that, you would be prompted with something like "Invalid transaction amount". This was not very clear, and it has now been replaced with: You can send a maximum of $10,000,000 per transaction. (cake)
- Previously, it was not possible to fill the bagofcash (using the /bagmoney command) to the advertised 50 million dollars. It was only possible to achieve $49,999,999. This issue has been corrected. (cake)
- When teleporting to certain map zones that required a vehicle (using /teles) you would be presented with: You cannot teleport to a jumpzone in this type of vehicle!. This would occur when on foot. The message has now been changed to: You have to be in a vehicle to teleport to a jumpzone! (cake)
- lagcomp/lagshoot has been enabled. A portion of current regular players have made it clear they would prefer lagshoot. Whilst we understand not everyone feels the same, our aim is focusing on going forward into the future, and we are experimenting to see what this will mean for player count. (cake)
- /getstats would display a command not found warning for unregistered players. This issue has been corrected. (cake)
- The interface of /properties has been updated and is now much easier to use. (cake)
- New vehicles have been added to /cruise car, the one car per 10 seconds limit has been removed. (cake)
- Cruise announcement messages are now shown once per 2 minutes, rather than 4. (cake)
- Cruise messages regarding /cruise car, /vr and /flip are now only shown to people within range on the cruise leader. (cake)
- The pop-up dialog for things like command not found has been adjusted from 12 seconds, to 8 seconds. (cake)
- Fix the timer responsible for disabling the ammunation NPCs. (cake)
- Various changes to crew commands and access levels. (cake)
- Properties have been revamped (some removed, re-positioned and re-priced). (Luce)
- Various errors on the website have been fixed. (MrBondt)
- The Want To Play web page has been updated with the 0.3.7 client download link. (MrBondt)
We're also pleased to announce the addition of 3 new crew members, namely: Mr.JT, Luce and Granny!
Lots more tweaks and improvements are planned and we hope to see the release of these in the coming month or two. You can follow the development of Las Venturas Playground on Trac and the Development Portal. We welcome any suggestions or comments!
On behalf of the Las Venturas Playground Management & Development Team,
I was bored today and made a new minigame filterscript. Jay's Runaway Race is the second instalment of the "Runaway" minigame series.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO
Credits to LR for the map which was done for LVP 2.90 originally.
Go ingame and type /runrace2.
You can now play as a single player (which was needed given how dead the server is :P )
The original Jay's Runaway Race has also been updated to this new handler to make it work with SA-MP 0.3.7.
Here's the sourcecode if anyone wants it - its a mess.
Lagcomp is off because we like to be old skool.
LVP has updated to 21.3 to fix a money doubling bug and some other stuff. Enjoy your time!
If you're interested in saying few words when LVP Radio's WISHLIST is live, then add LVP Radio to Skype: lvp.radio
You will be eventually called during the show and asked perhaps few questions!
PS. Prizes for almost anyone, who gets on-air!