News archive of December 2011
This page contains the news items which were submitted in December 2011. Clicking on the title of a news message will bring you to a separate page allowing you to comment, share or rate the message. Twitter messages will also be visible here.
We've just updated to LVP 2.94.8, these are the most notable changes:
- Players will no longer be kicked for idling. However, while you're away from the keybord (/afk), stats, online hours, property earnings and tax will not be affected.
- We've added a new command: /paused. This command will display all the currently paused players.
- While you're paused your color will change to black and you'll see a cool textdraw informing how to get back in-game.
- We've fixed the issue where you return to the class selection after death.
- Properties which cost less than 100K are now shown on the radar to help out the new players.
- From now on new players connecting will be spawning in an infernus instead of random sport vehicles.
- The Christmas features are disabled.
- Stunt bonuses are disabled.
We've also attempted to solve the issue where the gamemode would crash a few times a day, a test fix is live right now. The gang issues are still being looked into.
On behalf of the entire Las Venturas Playground Staff, Development Team and Management: a happy new year!
To celebrate the release of LVP 2.94 and Christmas 2011, we will be hosting a Christmas event this coming Friday, 23rd December 2011, atÂ 7pm GMT (UK Time).
2 Christmas presents will be randomly spawned in the SA map.
The first player to find a Christmas present will win their own ingame house.
The second player to find the other present will win their own ingame car.
Houses are really cool. Features such as car, weapon and money storage are some of the possibilities as well custom interiors and other configuration settings.
Pictures say a thousand words:
Ingame cars are really cool. You can spawn a vehicle of your choice, at a location of your choice. You can customize the vehicle in any way you want in any of the mod shops and the mods will save. You can also give your vehicle a custom number plate and, should you wish to, can lock it so that you are the only player capable of entering it.
We hope to see you ingame @ 126.96.36.199:7777 on Friday 23rd December 2011 at 7pm GMT!
During this time, Snow will be enabled and Christmas songs will be playing on LVP Radio.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2012 on behalf of the LVP Management, Development and Mapping Team,
- Dropped money and weapons failing to disappear
- Bombshop not working
- Various commands not working and a message displaying "You are currently in a minigame" showing
- Problems with derbies
- Spawn protection and god mode fromÂ the ship failing to go off
- SaveInfo issues
- Spawn weapons failing to load
- Random vehicles being locked or having disabled engines
- Chat box message failing to disappear after a few seconds
- RWTW arena fixes
Two new commands have been added: /money and /cash. These show information for new players on how to earn money.
We've also improved /help 1.
We've also enabled Christmas mode which has some cool features such as:-
- Santa hats
- Falling snow
- Random Presents being dropped by an elf!
All major issues for 2.94 have now been fixed and we will release one more update over the Christmas Holiday's which will further fix any reported bugs or fixes that where left out as well as adding some new features for the New Year celebrations.
2.94 - Live now
We have just updated the gamemode to version 2.94. This is the first major update since October 2010.
The server has also been updated to SA-MP 0.3d. To play, You need to download the new SA-MP version here.
Most notable features:-
- Stunting: Over 5000 new objects and tonnes of stunting areas to play with.
- Brand new Interface making the gamemode much more friendly for new players.
- Many Improvements to the race system and new races including drift races
- New races added to map zones, which are now accessible from /jump
- Property Improvements: New Property layout with over 450 properties and earnings which payout every 60 seconds.
- Derby Improvements. New Interface and many new derbies added
- Lots of gang territories have been removed to increase competition
- New Power Statue feature
- Improved anticheat for admins
- One shot kills when shooting a player in the head with a sniper rifle
- 100 Spray tags spread around LV and a really cool, special prize for whoever finds them all.
- Houses available to admins and special players
- New minigames: Haystack and Island DM
- Revised /map zone system
- New vehicle layout
- Dropping weapons and money after dying
- Revised spawning system
- Economy revised. Spawn weapons are many items are back to normal prices
- New VIP room and RWTW Arena
- Gangs can now spawn in owned territories
- LVP Radio is back and integrated with vehicle radios
- Speedometer and FPS counters disabled
- Players can now create gangs
- Calculation test improved
- Vending machines have been removed
- Ship improvements
- Removed /gang attack. It is now automatic
- Rewrote and optimized gang territory ID calculation
- Added dance music to the night club interior
- New 0.3d skins
- Added an idle counter for players on the ship
- New gang colours
- Hot Air Balloon added floating above the ship
- New island known as "Dead City" has been added to the north of LS
- Capture the briefcase improved
- All known bugs fixed
2.94 will be the last version using the 2.x sourcecode. We will provide more details regarding our current plans in a future blog post soon. We hope you enjoy this version and please feel free to post any feedback in the CSI boards. This version is currently in its BETA phase so we are expecting there to be bugs. Please report these in the bug reports section if any are found.
Special thanks goes out to eF.Pedro who has contributed a LOT of time and effort into populating the gamemode with awesome stunts, ramps, tunnels and loops. He will be rewarded with his own personal property, house and vehicle, fully tuned that only he can access with a custom number plate :)
Enjoy this update and lets hope that it brings the player counts back up!
On behalf of the LVP Management, Development, Beta and Mapping team,
2.94 Pre-release test[/align]
In approximately 1 hour from now (21:00 GMT) we will be running a test of the LVP gamemode on SA-MP 0.3d.
If you would like to take part in this test, please download and install the 0.3d version from the official SA-MP Download website.
The beta test will take part on this server:
HostName: LVP 2.94 SA-MP 0.3d
Mode:Â Â LVP 2.94.0
Player user accounts will be enabled for this test and any kills or deaths will be added to your stats, so be careful.
Stay active on IRC for more details - irc.gtanet.com #LVP